Tuesday, May 24, 2011

1/8 Dizzy by Alter

It's been quite a bit since I received a scaled figure, but it seems that all the ones that I had ordered are either released this month or June, so I'll reviewing figures for a while...
The first one is 1/8 Dizzy by Alter.

I was waiting for a good Dizzy figure for a long time because is one of my favorite characters. Surprisingly, for a such good looking character there are very few figures of her. The only PVC figure released until now was based in her Queen's Gate appearance, that I don't like at all.

Sculpted by Yagyu Toshiyuki, this is by far the best Dizzy figure that I have seen, even counting garage kits.
It was a miracle that such a great figure
was made, now that Guilty Gear franchise is almost dead (the last game released, Guilty Gear 2, was a failure and Arc System lost the rights of the series and is now focused in BlazBlue). So why release a figure of a series that had his popularity peak long ago and there are no plans for new games? I don't know, but I'm really glad for it.

The sculp and paint job are both superb and catches Dizzy's shy personality perfectly.

Both her wings are nicely detailed. Necro is pretty heavy and makes the overall stability of the figure a bit off.

Undine paint job is excelent, too.
I used to paint garage kits, and paint a character with several hues of the same color is really troublesome. God bless the person who invented the pre-painted PVC figures!

Back shot. I didn't expected Dizzy to be a no-pan character!

No comments: