Monday, August 29, 2011

1/10 Amami Haruka & Miura Azusa by Wave

1/10 Amami Haruka and Miura Azusa by Wave were released in May and July respectively, but since both are from the same figure line (Beach Queens series) and both share the same origin (THE iDOLM@STER), I'll review them together.

Haruka is sculpted by Abira, who also did Takane figure. Includes a detachable swim tube and two interchangeable faces:

Normal face.

Winking face.

The overall figure is rather nice, and I like Abira's face sculpts with iM@S characters.
There's only a major flaw in the sculpt; the pose is leaning way too much to the front making it a likely candidate to bend the PVC and be a leaning figure.

Also this pose is not very photogenic outside the strictly front angle.

Rear shot.


Azusa sculpt is by Clumsy Zero, based in an official illustration by Annin Doufu:


It includes two faces, a normal one and a smiling with the eyes shut one. Perhaps the forehead and cheeks are a bit too wide in my opinion...

Normal face

Smiling face

The pareo is made of transparent rubber and can be detached.

And true to the character, she have a really nice body.

Rear shot.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Joel Houston
JHouston791@gmail.com

Archerwannabe said...

Hiya, been a while!

I'm pretty sure the date is off by a bit but happy birthday! I remember you had yours around these days. Again a year closer to the grave.

Still been following your blog, though it's kinda depressing since it's been a while since I've been able to afford anything D:

Soth said...

Hey! Long time no see!

Sorry that I didn't reply earlier, since I don't have that many comments, I don't check them very often...

Yep, my birthday was the 14th. Yours was around the same date, right? Happy birthday to you, too!

I'm glad that you still follow my blog. Each entry takes me a fair amount of time to do and often I feel that I'm shouting at the void, to the point that in the past two month I felt like dropping the blog several times... Thanks to you and a few Beast's Lair forumites that I know that also read my blog from time to time, I keep with it.